image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February

Seriously where has February gone?  We have been so busy around here and of course the blog always falls to the way side behind everything else we have been up to this month.  So sorry but sometimes I just can't do everything.  I tell my husband that all the time when he comes home to the house a disaster. Two little kids, a church calling, and volunteering for JDRF makes it really hard to accomplish all that I want to in a day. So here is a brief update on what we have been doing here.

We were able to go watch my second cousins kids one night while the parents took the two oldest kids to a concert.  It was the first time that the mom was able to go several hours with out having to take care of their T1D child.  My kids had so much fun with them.  I think it was great for Rose and "Jacob" too.  They compared Blood Glucose Meters, Insulin shoots, and BG levels.  It was so funny.  Plus it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be taking care of two T1D's.  Once you figure out how to care for one, the second is easy.   The kids played outside and watched TV together.  It really was a great night.  Here are some pictures from that night.
Jacob









I love this picture of Jacob playing with James.  They played with each other all night. 
This month we also got to watch my other cousin's daughter who is just younger than Rose.  They had a blast together.  they played together so well that it was nice to have a break from entertaining Rose.  The only time they fought was when they were discussing who had to be the prince.  It was settled pretty quickly when I told them that James was the prince.  Rose loves to explain to new people about her diabetes.  She has a book she pulls out and points to her pancreas and tells them hers doesn't work.  Well this particular day she was having a hard time describing why she was diabetic to her cousin, so I stepped in.  Luckily Rose's cousin has glasses.  I explained that the pump is much like a pair of glasses.  Not all bodies are created equal and sometimes our bodies need help to function properly.  Just like Rose's Cousin needs glasses to see, Rose needs her pump to eat.  Rose looked at me and I know for the first time in a long time she didn't feel so different.  


Let's see what else have we been up to.  Oh we got the opportunity to go down to Utah for my husbands work.  We saw Uncle Bryce, Temple Square, visited the Salt Lake Library (Which was amazing), and we got to hang out with Grandma Anderson there too.  Here are some pictures of our trip.  





Truman Angell was one of my ancestors. He did the architectural design for the Salt Lake Temple.


 This is Rose's "High" face.  We can always tell if her Blood Glucose is high or low depending on her mood.  This is her face of being high and crabby.  She also gets very mean and does not listen to anyone.






  We really have had a great month so far.  I have been doing a ton of work for JDRF and loving being able to connect to other families that struggle with T1D too.

No comments:

Post a Comment