image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

Friday, February 28, 2014

Confession Time...

I can't believe I am actually going to publicly say this out loud but here it goes. I don't keep food logs any more for Rose.  Yep that is right I stopped after our last endo appointment when we had an A1C of 6.6%.  Ever since then I can't stand them.  I wish I loved to do it, but I don't.  This would be fine but we have our 6 month diagnoses appointment with our endocrinologist and I have no logs to show for the last three months.  Whoops.  I need to do better, but sometimes it is hard enough at meal times to test and dose Rose, feed both of my kids, and try to eat myself before it gets cold.  Taking the extra step to write it down is so not appealing.  The good news is that our wonderful meter One Touch Verio IQ plugs into my computer and spits out these beautiful graphs.


We have some work to do.  So here is what I am thinking so we can keep Rose's A1C at 6.6%.  In the last month we were only below 65 one time.  It is the Red dot at the beginning.  Green dots are good which means she is with her range of 70- 250.  Her actual target Blood Glucose is 150.  But if I were to do a correction it would be less than a half a unit so we think anything under 250 is good.  We don't have to worry about her getting low but if we did anything above 70 is acceptable. Anything above 250 is considered high which are orange on the graph.  We have so many highs which means we need to tighten up with our diet and insulin. Our average BG was 197. We want it to be right around 150.

Alright so where do we go from here.  We are going to change her target BG to 120 during the day and 150 at night time.  I am really hesitant to change it to 150 at night because I don't want her to get so low at night that she needs a glucagon shot but we need to get her average BG down.  Here is another graph that shows us what time of the day she is usually high and low. After 6PM is when we need to make sure we are giving Rose more Insulin in her Basal dosage and maybe that might even be a good time for us to start walking so we can lower her BG before bedtime. Another time that might be a good time for some exercise would be around 10 AM in the morning.


Enough about the graphs and our struggle to be the perfect pancreas for Rose.  Here is our sound bite from our interview on the radio.  Rose was so excited to hear herself on the radio today.



No comments:

Post a Comment