image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Bad Insertion

We had out first bad insertion tonight. The pump actually told us that there was something wrong and that it was no longer going to deliver insulin to Rose. I am not sure how it knew but it did. Roses' pants must have gotten caught on the insertion and it kinked the cannula. When we took it off of Rose you could tell the insulin had just been dripping onto Rose's skin, not inside of her tissue. She was pretty upset that we had to change out the insertion but she did not want to have shots in her bum so she chose to get the insertion done. We always let her make the decision with how she wants to take care of her self. It allows her to feel some control over her own body. I checked her for keytones and she had trace so we gave her a little more insulin to help get those keytones out of her body. Her BG was at 455 at 9:00PM and by 10:00PM it was at 350. We know that the insertion is working because her BG is coming down instead of climbing. Hopefully the insertion won't get caught on her pants again. We moved the spot up but there are only so many places to poke her on her little tummy. She isn't quite ready for us to use her arms, thighs, or bum so we let her choose. Again it goes back to trying to give her some control over her body. She has very little she gets to control about her diabetes so whatever choices I can give her, I let her. I don't know how she ever became so brave but she gets shots like it is no big deal. Rose is so much braver than I could ever dream of being. She is my hero. In fact every child who is a T1D is my hero. I couldn't do want they have to do on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment