image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day three...

When I took this picture this morning I was kind of upset that Rose was sticking her tongue out. But this picture describes exactly how I feel about diabetes today. I have days were having a child with T1D is just part of life and it is no big deal, 
but today I hate it. I hate having to give my child shots, I hate that I can't let her eat whatever she wants, I hate that she 
can't eat when ever she is hungry, I hate poking her on her tiny little fingers six times a day, but most of all I hate that she is missing out on part of her childhood.  No three year old 
should ever have to worry about some of the things she does. For example how many carbs are in a specific type of food she wants. Today it is hard to even look at her and not cry because she has to live with this disease her whole life. It sucks and I cannot take it away no matter how much I want to. 

As far as our third day on the pump goes... I love it but I hate it. I hate the stupid cord that gets caught on everything. But the thing I hate the most is how hard it was to try to figure out where Rose could wear the pump with a dress on. She doesn't like skirts and I figured she could just wear the pump on her back.  Well that didn't work. So then we tried putting it on her tights. Well it kept falling off. We will have to figure something else out for next Sunday. I have been looking into a belt to hold it under her clothes and we even talked about putting button holes on the sides so we can thread the tubing through that.
 I will have to research what to do.

I love that it calculates down to the hundredth unit how much insulin she needs. It will help us make sure she is always getting the right about of insulin for her food. Which is amazing. Also I don't have to keep a record of everything we eat, her blood glucose readings, and the amount of insulin she gets. The pump keeps track of everything, besides her food. I love that. Well hopefully tomorrow will be better, it always is. 

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you both have to deal with this. I wish I could take it away from you. I love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how many days I have just hated diabetes! I have been through all of this. Except the dress pump problem. My son is going on six years of diabetes. It is an always part of your mind. It just becomes part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you sister! With all the hates of T1D. Jaelle is often saying to me "it's not fair." And I totally agree it isn't but we try to make the best of it. Hope today is a better day.

    ReplyDelete