image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

Friday, November 15, 2013

Babysitting duty...

Last night on the pump was good. I didn't sleep at all but at least I knew that Rose wasn't going to drop too low. I am absolutely terrified of her getting to low. I stress and worry about that all of the time. I was especially nervous because we were starting a new insulin schedule with her. Before last night if we could get Rose's BG between 180 to 200 at 11:00pm we knew that by breakfast she would be  between 100-115. Last night was a whole new ball game. We didn't know how the insulin delivered to her all night would effect her BG. Rose was lower than I like her to be all night. I kept giving her 10 carbs of milk every two hours to keep her BG from dropping too low. Rose was ecstatic every time I woke her up to give her some milk. It kills me to see how happy she is when she gets to have milk. We don't let her have it very often, except for with meals because it has carbs, we try to get her to have water or crystal light instead. For awhile I bought chocolate almond milk to give her in the middle of the night and she loved that too. Chocolate almond milk doesn't shoot her BG clear into the 300s like chocolate milk. One of those weird thongs you learn and stress about when you are a mom of a T1D.

Today is National Diabetes Awareness Day. We are sporting light blue clothes and I am even wearing a light blue bracelet. We went went to downtown Boise to celebrate with some other families who have T1D. It was good to meet knew people and here their type one diabetic stories.

I wanted to share a cute story about princess Rose today. She was playing in her room and I went in there to check on her. She informed me that she had a new baby octopus named Leela. I was then put on babysitting duty. Rose instructed me how to carry her. After about an hour of walking around with Leela attached to me Rose informed me it was time for Leela's nap. She took Leela from me and they headed to my bedroom. About five minutes later I opened my bedroom door to find her reading to Leela. It was so cute. I am so proud to be Rose's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment