image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

Friday, December 6, 2013

A1C

Last time, I posted about Rose's A1C.  A lot of people do not know what that is.  Well here is an explanation and why we have Rose's tested every 3 months.

An A1C is kind of like a batting average for a baseball player.  The eAG is the mean of all of the Blood glucose levels in the last 3 months. It is rated like this.  Rose was at a 6.6% which is awesome.  I even got a smiley face from my nurse on my paper. Man I am such a person pleaser.
http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/a1c/
This is how diabetes.org explains A1C.  "Hemoglobin, a protein that links up with sugars such as glucose, is found inside red blood cells. Its job is to carry oxygen from the lungs to all the cells of the body. Glucose enters your red blood cells and links up (or glycates) with molecules of hemoglobin. The more glucose in your blood, the more hemoglobin gets glycated. By measuring the percentage of A1C in the blood, you get an overview of your average blood glucose control for the past few months."

It is so amazing to me to learn about how our body works.  It is amazing that Heaven'y Father made our body so perfectly that even at a molecular level our body knows what to do to make sure we are healthy. Although Rose's Body might not be as perfect as other bodies on this earth, I do believe there is a reason behind it.  I am grateful to Heavenly Father for the parts of her body that do work.  She is able to see, hear, touch, taste, and she can run and walk just like any other three year old.  We are so blessed and sometimes I focus on the bad too much.  We are grateful for Rose in our lives and yes I am even grateful for her diabetes today.  Diabetes has brought me closer to her than I have ever been.  I am grateful for our the diabetic community out there.  It is wonderful to meet new people who struggle with the same chronic disease. 


No comments:

Post a Comment