image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

Sunday, December 1, 2013

My Rose



Rose,

I have always loved you.   You have always been my little girl and I was so excited to have a daughter first.  You are funny, bright, and always making sure everybody is doing what they need to be doing.  You are always singing and dancing around the house about everything.

I had no idea how brave you actually are, until you were diagnosed with T1D.  You are braver than I could ever be.  I do not know how you can get shots and pricked all of the time.  You know what has to be done and you just do it.  I admire you for that.   When we first came home from the hospital, I was getting ready for the day and you kept telling me that you wanted to be just like me.  I started to tear up because you are already stronger than I have ever been. I have always been terrified of pain and needles and you deal with it on a daily basis.

I hope you truly know how much Daddy and I hate hurting you, when we give you a shot. We do not like to do it but we have to.  I think that you are truly beginning to understand why we have to give you insulin. You are always asking how many carbs are in food, what your BG is, and  always wanting to help with pushing the numbers on your pump.

I also want you to know how much I wish that I could take this disease away from you.  It hurts me so bad to know that you will not live a completely normal life.  I know that diabetes care has come so far and hopefully in your life time they will find a cure but I want more than anything to give you a normal life.  Although I want to take away this disease,  I also understand that you were given this trial because you are strong enough to bear it and there is a reason for it.  Heavenly Father knows you by name and knows of your circumstances. He loves you so much.

I am so blessed to be your mom and to have you as my daughter.  You are so strong and brave.  I truly hope that I can someday have your courage and strength.

I love you!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. we love you too, sweet girl. you inspire all of us to be stronger and more brave.

    ReplyDelete