image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Auto Immune Disease

Do you know that type 1 diabetes is an auto immune disease? Yep that is right. It is from the same family/ gene as Parkinson's, autism, allergy, and other auto immune diseases. When they told us then in the hospital it was shocking to us. We had no idea. Yes T1D is not just hereditary it also involves the white blood cells attacking healthy insulin producing cells, because of some virus. When we were first diagnosed I did quote a bit of research on immune diseases to learn if there are other things that we can do help Rose's immune system. Yes it is part of her pancreas that isn't working but the immune system is the underlying problem.

The immune system is such a huge system and there are so many parts and organs, it makes it very hard to pin point exactly what goes wrong when the white blood cells start attacking the pancreas. Besides Rose getting too low,  the other thing that worries me is Rose getting the stomach flu. With her already having a weaker immune system I had to find something to make the immune system stronger. Low and behold Probiotics.

I have been a big fan of  probiotic since James was a colicky baby. He had horrible acid reflex and I tried everything. The only thing that worked was a probiotic. Probiotics helped better than his acid reflex medication and I love the fact that is was a more natural approach to helping him. Well probiotics also help your immune system. Hence the reason why we take probiotics every day and sometimes twice a day when my kids are sick. We also take multi vitamins and sanitize everything like crazy. I do not want the flu to come to my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment