image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Are we done yet?



 I swear we have been sick with the cold and stomach flu since after Thanksgiving.  James has had it the worst.  He had the stupid stomach flu for 9 days.  Yep that is right nine days of changing disgusting diapers and cleaning up throw up.  We are current;y still fighting a cold in James's eye.  It is disgusting as you can see from the picture above.  He looks so rough and I don't know how to help out his immune system fight off all of these sicknesses.  He is all skin and bones now.  The poor thing lost 4 pounds which makes me really worried that their is a bigger problem going on.  I have a hard time admitting it, but sometimes I worry that he will be diabetic too. To have one child that is diabetic is one thing but to have another emotionally would kill me.  Physically it wouldn't be a big deal because once you live a type 1 diabetic lifestyle adding one more wouldn't be a big deal.  I need to go get him tested but I am truly afraid of the results. So I struggle with trying to decide if it is better to be ignorant or to know the truth.  The one thing I am truly grateful for is that Rose has been able to stay relatively healthy through all of this so we haven't had to deal to much with her diabetes stuff.  It is weird that now it has just become part of life and I can barely remember what it was like before.
While we have been recuperating from our two month long sicknesses, we have tried to keep the kids at home.  They get so bored so we have come up with some pretty creative activities to keep them entertained in our small apartment, with no back yard. The picture above is our hot lava obstacle course.  James and Rose loved the fort that they could rest in before they continued on their journey.   



 Please, please, tell me we are done being sick  I am getting tired of this small apartment and my kids are driving me crazy.  I am sorry I always complain on this blog but I want to be honest about what we go through.  I want to keep a record for Rose and I hope that this blog will help other people who are struggling with Type 1 Diabetes.  So excuse my complaining.  Well hopefully we will be over getting sick soon and we can experience some freedom soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment