image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Quinoa Bites

Can life please slow down?  I am running around with my head cut off and can't seem to get caught up.  So the blog once again gets neglected.  We have been finding some really good recipes lately that we love.  Here is the one from this week.   It is once again from Mel's Kitchen.  I told you I love her food. She is amazing.  This is the original recipe.

Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Quinoa Bites
Adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
YIELD: MAKES 2-3 DOZEN MINI BITES

INGREDIENTS

3 cups cooked quinoa, chilled or at room temperature
2 eggs, lightly beaten
8 ounces deli ham, chopped fine (about 1 1/2 cups)
1-2 cups finely chopped steamed broccoli
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the cheese until combined. Stir in the cheese until well-distributed. Lightly grease a mini muffin cup tin. Scoop the quinoa mixture into the tin, filling the cups all the way to the top and lightly pressing to pack the mixture a bit. I found it helpful to use my cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoon size) to scoop the mixture into the tin.

Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden on top. Remove from the tin and repeat with the remaining mixture (you can scoop it into the warm tin and bake again). Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment