image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

JDRF Starlight Snowshoe Benefit 2014

We had so much fun on last Saturday night up at Bogus Basin for the JDRF Starlight Snowshoe Benefit.  I had never been snow shoeing and it was so much fun.  Plus it was gorgeous up there.  Can you believe I haven't been to Bogus in over ten years.  Crazy.   We just aren't snow sports type of people.  Here are some pictures from the event.












Today we also had our 7 month diagnosis check up.  Rose's A1C went from a 6.6% to 7.3%.  The doctor and us think that Rose is finally coming out of the honeymoon phase.  If you don't know what an A1C is check here.  Oh and a honeymoon phase is usually right after diagnosis where the pancreas is still creating some insulin but not enough to keep you from getting shots.  It can last anywhere from a month to six years. We also had Rose get a full blood work up today.  I was so nervous all week and I cried every time I thought about it.  As most of you know I HATE NEEDLES.  So having my child get her blood drawn was so scary to me.  But Rose was so brave and she got it down with a little amount of tears.  She is one amazing girl and I am always so impressed with how brave she is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment